stream video to iphone from live video feed

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kingchimp, Jan 13, 2010.

1. kingchimp macrumors newbie

stream video to iphone from set?
    Hi,

figured someone here would know how to do this or is already doing it.

I want to take a video cameras sd feed, compress it and stream it to an iphone or ipod touch. Is there something (an app or streaming .h264 box) that can do this. I know they do it for sports games but would think this would be ideal for set. Anyone?

thanks boys and girls.

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

well if the stream is being directed to a computer, then u can download a vnc app, and a vnc app on the computer as well. i recommend jaadu vnc, and their website http://www.jaaduvnc.com/ for the desktop application.

3. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    Live Cams is what i use, you can add a whole array of custom cams but i haven't messed with that part...... i just use it for the ski resorts i like to go to....

EDIT: looking at the "add" feature it has about a lot of Options: software (PC webcam & Mac Webcam) , generic device via URL, then IP camera: (in this category there are probably 40 different cameras listed from dlink & linksys to sony etc...... if there is a certain camera you'd like me to see if it can handle?

4. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

air video streams video, though no 3rd party live video feature.

5. Badfoot macrumors 6502

Slingbox does this well, either to a computer or to an app direct to your ipod/phone

6. syner macrumors newbie

except for 3g on the iphone...i wish it could though. that would make it a complete solution.

7. kingchimp thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

yes I know about the slingbox but it only allows one user at a time. Ie an iphone or a laptop. No more than one client at as time. I want to get it to a least 10 or more devices. Also I want it in real time. Not a steppy time lapps. Thanks for the help so far. This http://totalcontrolapp.com/index.php...d=15&Itemid=29 and the Live Cams looks like they might promising.

thanks