Streaming Apple Music

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by coffeemadmanUK, Oct 8, 2017.

1. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

I'm still getting to grips with the cellular version of the Apple Watch. So far liking it, and tonight took it out for the first time without my iPhone.

Went onto the music app, and I could only play some songs. The rest all had the download symbol and then said the music syncs when connected to power. I couldn't get anything to just stream - am I doing something wrong here? Shouldn't I just be able to stream anything over mobile?

2. KrisLord macrumors 68000

Apple Music streaming is part of watchOS 4.1 which isn’t released beyond a dev beta yet.

3. coffeemadmanUK thread starter macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

Ah! Thanks - simple answer :)

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I’m really surprised Apple didn’t have this ready at launch. I’m thinking they didn’t want to launch it late since the iPhone x was already getting released quite a bit later.

I’m looking forward to t and appreciate the US carriers offering three months free service. This should be enough time to really give this thing a run for its money. If it doesn’t perform well I’ll just dump the data plan and still have access to emergency calls. And then I can decide to manually load songs or not. The 16gb is also beneficial for that sort of thing. I’m also hoping google music comes to the Apple Watch. Overall I find it the better value.