Streaming audio FROM my iPhone TO my Mac

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by smokinbenrage, Aug 18, 2010.

1. smokinbenrage macrumors newbie

Hey, my wife just bought a new iPhone4 and gave me her old 2G iPhone. I am using it in my office to listen to my audio books and internet radio and I think the iPhone's speaker sucks. What I want to do is stream the audio FROM my iPhone TO my Mac's speakers so that I have a better listening experience. I have tried searching on the internet and have only found how to stream from my Mac to my iPhone... not what I want!!! (I want to do this so I don't have to have iTunes running all day, it takes up too much system resources. I also want to be able to switch from book to book without having to maximize iTunes and select another track)

If anyone knows of a native or third party app that will do this... awesome!

Thanks

2. RichBrewski macrumors member

It's been maybe a year since I've used this so I can't remember if I was able to send audio to my comp, but with a bit of tinkering, I'm sure you can do it with Airfoil

Here's a link.

3. smokinbenrage thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I tried AirFoil and it is not the program for this project. It does have some interesting stuff in it like transmitting to multiple computers simultaneously. Unfortunately it does not allow me to transmit from my iPhone to AirFoil.

4. RichBrewski macrumors member

Ah, ok. Sorry 'bout that.

Actually, I was just searching around and found this page. It might help.