Streaming audio from PC to MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by usinjin, Apr 10, 2012.

1. usinjin macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I'm looking for a way to stream audio from a Windows 7 laptop to my MacBook Pro running 10.7.3. Is there an app or something like that I can use? Is it possible to stream audio over bluetooth or wifi? Just to clarify, I'm not looking to be able to access a music library from the MacBook (i.e., I'm not looking to be able to access a remote iTunes library on the MacBook or any other files). I just want, whatever audio is playing on the PC, I want the Mac to play it as well. Thanks a bunch!

2. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Well I'm going to ignore why you want to do this, but....well, I was going to suggest something like Logmein where you can play the audio from one device to another, but I don't think it will play off the source device once you select the logmein audio input...Best thing I would say is get an splitter and some cheap speakers.

4. usinjin thread starter macrumors newbie

I probably should explain why I'm interested in this...I'm hoping to put on some music for a party. There's a speaker system connected to a macbook pro, but the mac is connected to the system in a way that's really hard to reach, it's up kinda high. So I was hoping to stream audio to it.

5. simsaladimbamba

TeamViewer might help, as it lets you control your MBP via the Windows computer, but then again, the music should be at least available via network to the Mac.

6. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

I think vlc can stream just about anything. It is not fool proof to work with though.

7. lovestofly747 macrumors newbie

Not wireless, but streams everything

I use my windows 7 laptop and MBP next to each other and like to wear headphones plugged into my mac. If you try this free line-in app: http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/11333/linein everything from the PC will stream to the mac. Not wireless, but might work for you.