Streaming audio through bluetooth

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dyna5ty9, Jul 23, 2011.

1. dyna5ty9 macrumors newbie

I have an iphone 4 running on IOS 5 beta 4. I stream music all the time through bluetooth in my car and have been since IOS 4. I just updated to the new beta yesterday but now when I stream music through the bluetooth it skips every few seconds. If i disconnect from bluetooth it sterams fine. i reset network settings on the phone and still does the same thing. Any suggesstions on what the problem may be? Also I have tried with multiple bluetooth headsets.

2. D3lta macrumors 6502a

I think I've found the problem: you're using Beta software.:rolleyes:

3. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

4. dyna5ty9 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have been on beta's since the original ios 5 beta 1 and havent had any problems. Maybe its just a bug. Ill try restoring the phone. I was just hoping maybe someone else came across this problem

5. Shawnpk macrumors 6502

With each beta increase (eg. 1-2, 2-3, 3-4) things get fixed and broken constantly. This is why Apple recommends NOT installing betas on devices that are used as primary devices. Hopefully these problems will be fixed in the GM build.

6. Mr. Milk macrumors newbie

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=13022196&postcount=275

7. Johnkb macrumors newbie

8. Mr. Gates macrumors 68020

Mr. Gates

--Redmond --------- ----------------Washington---
    The only time thats happened to me is when steaming a Podcast through BT

9. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

10. softwizard macrumors newbie

Same problem, iPhone4 day-1 32GB black AT&T connected to a 2010 Toyota Sequoia Limited

11. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

Yes, this is an issue with Beta 4 and there is a big thread on it at the Dev forums. I have reported this as a Performance bug, so hopefully it'll get fixed in the next beta. This was not an issue with Beta's 1-3, so something changed in the latest beta.

The issue is most prevalent when you are doing something else on your phone while using Bluetooth, but I still got stuttering and skipping even when my phone was untouched and the screen was off. Music streaming is basically unplayable in most circumstances.

12. Osxguy macrumors member

Osxguy

same problem.. cloud update screwed up bluetooth streaming. oh well.. ill switch to the usb.. till its all better..

13. bandarbush macrumors newbie

Same problem. Streaming music to an A2DP/ bluetooth device in iOS 5 beta 4 is unbearable. Music just skips. Here's to hoping we get beta 5 soon!