Streaming from iPod to WiFi Radio

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Microman171, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Microman171 macrumors newbie

Hey,

I am building a WiFi radio (http://mightyohm.com/blog/2008/10/building-a-wifi-radio-part-1-introduction/), and I have also just bought an iPod. I am really keen to stream audio from my iPod to this WiFi radio.

Anyone know of a way to stream audio from the iPod (over WiFi) other than Fly Media Server? I don't want to use the DAAP, as MPD will not allow me to play it.

To make this clear, as I have seen a similar discussion before. I want to stream radio from my iPod to a WiFi client with a protocol other than DAAP.

Anybody know how I can do this?

Cheers,

MM

2. Microman171 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,

In order to keep things simple, I have decided to change my plan of attack. After finding MPoD, I added a USB hub and some USB storage to the radio. Now I am able to get my iPod to change songs on the radio, where the songs are not streamed but read from USB.

I figure this is a good enough solution for me, as it means I don't have to leave anything playing on my iPod, which may increase the battery life providing nothing else needs to be left running.

This also makes the control panel much easier, as I don't need a special menu system to change songs, all I need is a display and possibly some buttons.

Cheers,

MM