Streaming from Lion to Xbox360

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by TheNinjaJedi, Jul 24, 2011.

1. TheNinjaJedi macrumors regular

TheNinjaJedi

I have a bunch of video files on my iMac that I like to stream to my Xbox360. Prior to upgrading to Lion I used an app called Rivet to stream and it worked great.

Rivet does not work for my running lion and I'm not sure why. It is not a ppc app that relied on rosetta, it loads the app fine but no longer streams.

Does anyone know of another app that will do this or how to make rivet work again?

2. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

3. TheNinjaJedi thread starter macrumors regular

TheNinjaJedi

I have used Connect 360 in the past but stopped using it because it didn't maintain the folder structures and displayed everything as "flat". Has this been changed?

4. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

Yeah it sucks the way it organizes items with Folders. There are only two levels of structure that show. The main folder and any additional folder with content no matter how many deep in structure the file is located.

Anymore I use iVl to convert all my media for my AppleTV and let iTunes handle it. I am much more pleased with the results. Otherwise with 1080p movies I use MediaLink for Streaming to my PS3. I just happened to have different options.

Also from time to time Connect360 would stop and I would have to Stop and Restart the Server.

5. Andy-V macrumors 6502

6. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

Same thing happens here - mostly shows it's ugly head streaming videos.