Streaming HD Content to XBOX via Airport

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by alvse, Mar 10, 2009.

1. alvse macrumors regular

alvse

Firstly, here is the layout of my network;

[​IMG]

I have used the Airport Extreme/Expresses to extend my network over 3 areas of my house.

So... what I am trying to do is to steam Live HD TV content from my Windows Media Center PC to my XBox 360 in another room. Unfortunitly, there doesn't seem to be enough bandwidth to stream the content. If I connect the Xbox to the Media Center PC via a long network cable, it streams perfectly.

Would the iPhone being on the Wireless network be slowing down the speeds to G and not N? I would have thought N would have been fast enough to handle HD content. Thoughts anyone?

2. JustGretchen macrumors 6502

I too would think that N should be fast enough, however, the wifi on the xbox is only G.

Assuming you have the Airport Express attached via ethernet to a router there (I think that's what I'm seeing) it should be fast enough in theory.

I'm sorry none of that is really helpful.

I stream videos from PowerMac G5 >ethernet> Linksys Wireless N > xbox wifi adapter using a program called Rivet and I have no problems whatsoever, unless i happen to get a vid format that isn't supported, which case I just reencode it w/ Divx to be sure it will work w/ xbox correctly.

3. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

reclusivemonkey

Buy one of the "ethernet over powerline" adaptors and use that.