Streaming media to the xbox 360 - Rivet

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by ViperrepiV, Oct 14, 2008.

1. ViperrepiV macrumors regular

Hello all,

I have done some searching around, and it sounds like there two options for streaming media to your xbox 360 (and thus TV) from your mac:

Connect 360
    Rivet

Connect 360 has been around for longer, as Rivet is a new entrant. However, I have read that Rivet does everything that connect 360 does, but two things more: it preserves the folder structure on your Mac HD when browing the media on your 360 (as opposed to displaying media in one long list), and it is $1 cheaper than connect 360.

Does anyone have any experience with Rivet?

2. bleufire macrumors member

Used Connect 360 and love it

Why would you want to save 1$ for something when you know something else works?

3. ATLmacGuy macrumors newbie

I've purchased both products, and much prefer Rivet. When I've had problems with Connect360, Nullriver makes it hard to contact them & doesn't have a support forum to go to. Rivet, on the other hand, is made by CynicalPeak - a small operation that has an active support forum (where the developers actually respond to comments and problems).

In addition, Rivet has been a lot more stable for me & I feel good about supporting that product. It seems to me like Connect360 gets very little attention compared to Nullriver's other products, and only got a little love from its developers once Rivet came out and provided some competition. I say go with Rivet.

4. geerlingguy macrumors 6502a

geerlingguy

Is there any way to stream 1080p MKVs with surround encoded AC3's??? That's all I've been wanting to do, but Connect 360 can't get 'em working. Maybe it's a problem on the 360's end. I can get stereo 720p AAC-audio files to work, but I really want the surround sound.