Streaming Music In Safari - How?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sal Collaziano, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Sal Collaziano macrumors regular

I'm sure this must have been discussed here before - but I came up empty on a search. Would somebody point me in the right direction?

For example, I want to hear the streaming music at this website:
    http://www.party105.com/

What do I need to do? I tried installed Windows Media 7 for Mac OS X and that didn't work because I couldn't unzip the file I downloaded.

Is there a better way or a plugin that I need?

Thanks in advance...

2. Sal Collaziano thread starter macrumors regular

So you can get that music to play through Safari? I installed both Windows Media 9 for OS x and Flip4Mac but I'm not having any luck. First, Safari tells me that it cannot play the material and asks me if I want to try and open it with Windows Media Player. Then WMP tells me that the Path is incorrect..

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

3. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Remove WMP. It's going to do more harm than good.

When I try to "listen now" on that site it loads a window with a 404 error where the audio stream should be. Seems like a problem with the site...

4. Sal Collaziano thread starter macrumors regular

Okay. The first thing I didn't realize was that I didn't need WMP for Flip4Mac to work. Am I understanding that correctly? So I can uninstall WMP and still expect to see streaming media at sites where it works?

I have a site where people are talking about that stream. So it seems to be working for those with Windows machines......

5. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

Is this a plugin for Quicktime or a separate program you will run when needing to use WMV files?