Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oilbrnr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
So I broke down yesterday and bought a 40 gigger, and I'm very impressed! I've been ripping 'my' DVD collection for the past year and it is streaming great, so is the music library, but TV shows and photos do not show up. What am I doing wrong? I really didn't want to sync them, especially TV shows.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
You have ticked the box for all your TV Shows to be selected?

What category are they under in iTunes?

Oilbrnr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
TV shows are in TV shows on iTunes. Are you talking about some box within the Apple TV Device tree on iTunes? All I see are choices to sync or not.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
There is that - make sure you enabled TV Show syncing, but there is boxes beside the TV Show name (like there is for the music) that determines if you want that specific item synced or played on shuffle or not.

Oilbrnr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
But why should I have to sync TV shows? I didn't select that with movies or music and they show up on :apple:TV?

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Ah - you don't want to sync anything? I'm confused by your wording.

Oilbrnr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
I really don't want to load anything on the 40gb drive, I just would like to stream everything from my Mac (and its' attached 2TB drive).

Again, music and movies show up and work perfect. Just no TV shows or what I would assume to be available, everything in iPhoto.

secondcup

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2008
I really don't want to load anything on the 40gb drive, I just would like to stream everything from my Mac (and its' attached 2TB drive).

I've got the same situation here. I want to keep all my media on a networked hard drive and stream through ATV. Right now I can stream my music library, but not any video content.

Maybe someone will have pity on us newbies and offer advice. Sorry if this topic have been covered but I've been searching the forums with n luck.

Thanks,

SC

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.