iPad Streaming photos from Mac to iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by osx11, Feb 18, 2014.

1. osx11 macrumors 6502a

What's the easiest way to stream my photos within iPhoto on my MBP to my iPad?

I know that you can stream them to the Apple TV by accessing your Mac's iTunes library, but is there a way similar that allows me to actually view the photos on my iPad?

I know there is Dropbox and all that, but is there no "official" way of doing this?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Well, the "official" way might be to use iCloud photosharing. Make a shared stream, and drag pictures into it that you want to see on your iPad. But this requires you to have shared the pictures from the computer first. If you want to randomly browse pictures on your computer, I don't think there is an "official" way.

I use an app called FileBrowser to access files on my computer, including photos. The devices have to be on the same network for it to work. I'm sure there are many other apps that do the same thing, so look around and find one you like. There might even be apps that specifically "stream" photos from a Mac to iPad. With iOS, the rule of thumb is to look for an app -- there's often an app for things not baked into the OS.

3. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester