streaming/Playback Video problems with i5 15" macbook pro 2.4ghz

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by watduzhkstand4, Jul 14, 2010.

1. watduzhkstand4 macrumors newbie

hey guys I'm new here and I did a couple of searches before making this, some came close but not exactly my problem. I've seen many saying that they have payback problems on youtube watching HD videos. But my problem is that the video that I'm streaming, regardless of quality, will often stop while streaming [however the audio continues], then all of a sudden the video fast forwards to catch up to the audio that it is currently playing.

Does anyone have this same problem?

I use the GFXCardStatus to switch between video modes to save battery. I usually leave it on dynamic switching [auto mode] but when I'm on the go, I use the Intel HD the most. I tried every setting and it still has this problem.

Thanks in advance! :)

2. watduzhkstand4 thread starter macrumors newbie

should I send it back to Apple?

Please help me! :(

3. bouncingsoul macrumors newbie

I just got the same computer and hard drive, and I have the exact same problem.

I've had the stuck video problem since day one: playing video will get stuck on one frame for like half a second while the audio plays normally, then the video will snap back in sync.

It happens at least once on every video, Usually multiple times. And it's not a Flash issue: if I watch Quicktime videos on the Apple site (See the bottom of http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/) I see the same problem.

It's also not a streaming problem, I don't think, since it happens even after the video is completely buffered.

Do you use Google Chrome as your browser?

Does anyone know if the hard drive could be the culprit?

4. bouncingsoul macrumors newbie

I reinstalled the original hard drive and saw the same video freezing problem, so I don't think the hard drive is the problem.

5. watduzhkstand4 thread starter macrumors newbie

I did use Chrome as my browser. But what I did was uninstall flash and reinstalled it. Then I also went into system preferences to change the setting for the hard drive so it never sleeps. [whenever the hard drive returns from sleep, it will stutter as well, regardless of where or what you're doing on your macbook pro.]

After reinstalling flash, I switched back to using safari and now it works fine. It's also not a problem with the GFXCardStatus app. Maybe it's just the support of the browsers. Try sticking with Safari and see if it works out for you :)