Streaming QT files within Keynote

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by geeman, Sep 18, 2008.

1. geeman macrumors regular

I need to show a Keynote presentation over the web, to about 40 people from all over the USA. The issue is that the Keynote contains a bunch of QuickTime movies running at 15fps which need to 'stream' as smoothly as possible.

I've tried using WebEx and Adobe Connect, but both of them choke either on the Keynote slide transitions, or on the QuickTime movies themselves.

The embedded QTs are H264 and are already quite small (no more than about 2Mb). Would it help if I remade the Keynote to 640x480 resolution rather than 800x600 as it is at the moment? Should I remake the QTs as 'internet streaming' compatible? I'd like to use the Keynote file if at all possible rather than make a manually-advancing QuickTime of the whole thing.

Has anyone had any success with these "desktop sharing" web services with video, or can offer any suggestions?

2. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Why don't you make a movie from it. (a quicktime movie). You can't adjust anything, but it's smooth, and stops where you should tab space in keynote to continue. (for example when a picture comes in and the move is done is go's into pause, then you'll hit space to make it play again and the next picture comes). So I don't see a problem there. I did it because I needed to show my keynote on a pc. Only quicktime runs on a pc (and some other things, but that's not the point). So this was the ideal sollution.

3. geeman thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for replying.

Are you sure that such a QuickTime file will stream smoothly using one of the desktop sharing systems such as WebEx?