Streaming (radio station) audio

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by EdT, Oct 13, 2007.

1. EdT macrumors 6502a

EdT

I searched thru the forums, and didn't find exactly what would work, so I hope someone can help me. I am trying to listen to a radio station over the web, with no success. Here's what I have already tried- Installing Flip4Mac, removing that and installing Windows Media Player and finally removing Media Player and re-installing Flip4Mac. In each case, I would make sure I closed all versions of web-browsers (Safari and Firefox, I tried both) and also made sure that Quicktime was also closed. I usually tried shutting the computer down, if I still could not get it to work when I re-opened the browsers. Here's a web site that does not work for me:

http://www.1620thezone.com/

Right on the main screen is a 'Click here to Listen Live' button.
    I also have a lot of trouble with streaming video from local TV stations. I can usually play their video selections but if they are doing a live web broadcast I don't get anything. Any ideas? Thanks....

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

The site was made for IE, and thus leaves Mac out of the picture. Complain to the site that you're being excluded. Even if you setup your browser to "look" like IE it still won't work because they use Microsoft proprietary code.