Streaming songs not working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by matthewalb, Apr 16, 2013.

1. matthewalb macrumors newbie

I have the iPhone 4s using Verizon in the SF Bay area and I'm having little luck streaming music. It takes 15 minutes or more in most cases to download a song from the cloud (using 3g -- wifi works ok). Especially during traffic time it's bad, which I guess is more understandable, but for me it's pretty much all the time. I'm guessing this can't be normal as Apple makes it so hard to get music synched from iTunes. I don't know what I might try and fix. Have rebooted it many times. It's been going on since the new ios 6, I've just stopped listening to too much music.

I have a bunch of songs that were left on the phone before I synched up with cloud, but many of them are screwy and I don't know how to delete them all and start from scratch to see if that might help.

Anyone have suggestions on this?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I don't know what you are using to stream, so I can't really offer a solution. I can suggest an alternative though.

If you have a Google account you can open a Google Music account. I've got one and the app/system preference that goes with it. Any music I add to iTunes automatically gets uploaded to Google Music. On my iPhone 5 I have an app called gMusic that allows me to stream direct from Google Music. So, I get access to my entire music library without sacrificing space on my iPhone.

Don't know if you'd be interested in that alternative, but there it is.

3. matthewalb thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't realize there was an alternative to the iTunes app on the phones (which is what I use), that's for that alternative option. Will check it out.

4. eyoungren, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No problem. I called it Google Music because that's what it was when it was in beta (that's when I got in). I think they call it Google Play now.

Anyway, you can also use any browser to access Google Music. The gMusic app I mentioned is just one of a few Google Music apps in the store, so if that one doesn't work for you (it's not free) there may be another more to your liking. I chose gMusic because one of it's features is the standard iPhone music controls. I.e., you can control it from the lockscreen just like you would your regular music.