streaming TV episodes on the iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by geraldhansen, Jul 7, 2009.

1. geraldhansen macrumors newbie

are there any sites or aps, that support streaming television episodes to the iPhone. Everything I read says it is not possible to stream flash video on the iPhone and the only option was downloading directly from iTunes however I have been told it is possible to stream mp4's and television in particular.

2. xxshawnxx macrumors member

Not sure of anything other than a baseball app and a golf app which allows for streaming content. Go to the app store and search for those and see if they are still available as they may have been for specific events only.

Like you, I'm anxiously waiting for streaming TV on my iphone (even though I have a pretty little 46" samsung hanging from my wall!) iPhone fans are just crazy :p :apple:

3. thelordnyax macrumors regular

nbc.com has quite a selection of videos to view on your phone
    full TV episodes are split into several parts, and watchable on the iPhone

4. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

CBS also has a similar app...the original Star Trek episodes especially rock...:D
    (iirc it is called tv.com in the app store)

5. moka macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Orb or slingplayer

6. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Although many have (perhaps rightly so) complained about SlingPlayer for iPhone only working on WiFi, I have no complaints as I now could not live without it...:D