streaming video constantly freezes computer

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gitrjnke, Nov 19, 2013.

1. gitrjnke macrumors newbie

Hello,

i posted this in apple support communities with no help whatsoever, was hoping someone here could help me as this is the place i always turn to when i have questions about my mac

ever since I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion about 2 months ago, i've had issues with video streaming of any sort. from Youtube to dropbox to anywhere inbetween, my streaming video will constantly freeze up. it even does it sometimes in quicktime player, but I usually play things in MPEG streamclip and that fixes that issue.

although, since I work from home and am in and out of videos of all sorts all day long, i find myself having to manually boot my computer almost 3 times a day, and that is not healthy or practical by any stretch. It's literally got me to the point where i'm banging my head against the desk all day long.

sometimes the audio will continue playing while the rest of the computer freezes, sometimes not.

any ideas on what the issues are? my first thought is the intel 3000 graphics card, its been known to cause freezes in games, videos, etc ... but seeing as though it is literally built into the mac ( which is very irritating ) I would have to buy a whole new computer to alieviate that problem, and thats not practical either.

my specs are

macbook pro early 2011 model

2.3 i5 processor

Intel 3000 HD graphics card

16 GB ram (ordered from crucial, non apple model)

SSD drive OSX is installed on (installed from apple)

WD 2 TB firewire external drive I run programs off of

any help is appreciated!!

2. gitrjnke thread starter macrumors newbie

3. gitrjnke thread starter macrumors newbie

4. gitrjnke thread starter macrumors newbie

glad to see people rushing out of the woodwork to help...

not a single person has an idea?? :(