streaming video useless on ipad scared to jailbreak.

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by 10smom, Nov 7, 2010.

1. 10smom macrumors regular

10smom

I mainly got the ipad for the ability to watch streaming video anywhere w/ ( I thought) 3g! NOt the casae. It is total crap viewing with complete mess of blurr and hours to watch even a few mintues of blurry video. I have paid for hulu and was considering paying for netflix. And why is itunes offering streaming TV and movies if you cannot even view it mobile?? I have to be missing something. I just cannot imagine that the only solution is to jailbreak my ipad and iphone and wiping out my warranty?? What is the official apple solution for fixing this?

If I have to jailbreak can someone please hold my hand through the process? :eek:

2. JSalig, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2010

JSalig macrumors 6502

Sorry to tell you this but streaming video on the ipad is going to suck when relying on a slow, overextended 3G connection whether your iPad is jailbroken or not. You're completely at the mercy of data speeds over the 3G network. Best to preload videos on to the device if you have space for it. Or if you're lucky enough to live in an area with fast 4G service, you can get a mifi 4G device and use it with your iPad.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

There is Not "Official" Fix from Apple, since there is not an Apple's issue. Video over 3G works perfect while on a good coverage area, i live in Atlanta and Netflix, ABC and Hulu stream to my iPad perfect (once in a while a few interruption to buffer, but not much) quality wise is good.

Jaibreaking will not really help you with this if your service is crappy (but it may help force it to higher quality in some cases). Also, there is not reason to Void your warranty with Jailbreaking a fresh DFU firmware restore will erase any trace of JB and Apple will never have to know (or void your warranty)

4. Karnivore macrumors 6502

Karnivore

^^^ I agree, the issue is not with iPad but with network coverage. My iPad streams perfectly here in Louisville, KY, even in a moving vehicle.

5. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Just to add evidence to the fact that it's the 3G network, my iPad living in China on the excellent China Unicom 3G/3.5G network is blazing fast. I stream Netflix over 3G while using a proxy and it's crystal clear.

Blame AT&T if you blame anyone.

6. 10smom thread starter macrumors regular

10smom

Is Verizon excepting customers yet? I am ready to switch my Ipad service over to them.

7. 10smom thread starter macrumors regular

10smom

So is it possible to download content from hulu ? That would solve all my problems. and if so, How do I do this? Thanks so much

8. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

the iPad doesn't have a CDMA radio, it can't runt with the buildin radio on the Verizon network, all big red is doing is selling a bundel of the Wifi iPad + Mifi.

Hulu content is not downloadable, you can get Hulu+ ($9.99 a month) and see all the Hulu you want.

9. LinMac macrumors 65816

Check into the iSpot from Clearwire. You'll get unlimited 4G for $25 per month.