Streaming volume keeps changing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by danc81, Oct 15, 2014.

1. danc81 macrumors newbie

I've got an iPhone 6 and I've noticed the volume will suddenly drop when streaming over bluetooth in the car. It will play at low volume for a while then randomly jump back up to full volume again. I've ruled out the stereo as it's happened in a Lexus and BMW as well as with an aftermarket Pioneer stereo. I also had a similar issue with an iPhone 5S so it seems to be the software on the phone. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas what causes it?

2. mso4 macrumors regular

Weird I've just noticed this today with my Lexus. Previously I just crank to 35 and it's loud. Now I have to go to 45 to hear the same volume. This is when I'm using Pandora.

3. danc81 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's interesting. Does yours eventually jump back up again? I started turning the volume up to compensate but it suddenly jumps back up to deafening levels at a random interval after dropping. I experienced it first with a cheap aftermarket stereo and assumed that was the problem but it's now doing it in 2 brand new cars so it seems to point to the phone itself (or the software at least)