streaming windows media player

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dlamin517, Jan 5, 2009.

1. dlamin517 macrumors 6502

i am trying to listen to a radio station in firefox but i cant get it to work. i tried it on my windows laptop and it looks like it is windows media. so how the heck am i supposed to play streaming windows media files?

http://www.910knew.com/pages/MichaelSavage.html

2. Cerebrus' Maw macrumors 6502

3. dlamin517 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Cerebrus' Maw macrumors 6502

Hmm, if it's possible, try another site that has streaming Windows Media, and see if it works there. It could be a problem with the site. Other then this, I found this on the site:

Question: The pop-up window loads and shows a list of tabs, but then they disappear and the browser appears to "freeze" for a long period of time. Why?
    Answer:

• When the player is first launched and periodically while viewing content, ads may be displayed. Some ads may take longer to load than others while other ads may be broken entirely. We do our best to ensure these ads load and play efficiently, however, while an ad is being served, no other content will displayed in the player.
    • After a period of time (usually about 30 seconds), your content will appear and begin playing.
    • *Note for Safari users: Some ads break the playback features in the player. If this happens, either load the player in Firefox or refresh the player window until the content plays. We are working on that error.

Try loading up the vid, and then leave the computer for a bit, see if it eventually plays...

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

With the latest version of Flip4Mac installed on my system, the media player is reluctant to load. However, it does load and play. Unfortunately, that was 1.5 minutes that I will never get back

6. dlamin517 thread starter macrumors 6502

wow this is lame. you would think that leopard would be able to handle streaming windows media fairly easily. how would a non tech savy person be expected to get this to work lol

7. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Windows media is a proprietary Microsoft format. Leopard handles it as well as can be expected. Download and install Flip4Mac and you are done.