Streamline ignoring user

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by ErikGrim, May 26, 2015.

1. ErikGrim macrumors 68040

Jun 20, 2003
    Brisbane, Australia
    Seems like every news thread I have to add another five whingers to my ever growing ignore list. However this is currently a SIX step process to add and return to where I was. Please implement a one click process for this?
  2. redheeler macrumors 603

Oct 17, 2014
    On Xenforo, the process will be as simple as clicking a username/avatar and clicking Ignore on the resulting pop-up card. See this thread.
  3. Meister Suspended

Oct 10, 2013
    The ignore feature is sad and stupid in many ways.
    My ignore list is empty, as it should be.
  4. stridemat Moderator

Staff Member

Apr 2, 2008
    What's that, I couldn't hear you. You are on my ignore list.

As mentioned above, the forum software change that is due to happen soon will hopefully make the process much easier.
  5. grahamperrin macrumors 601

Jun 8, 2007
    In the XenForo-based test environment I find an approach to ignorance that:
    1. should encourage a timely end to ignorance, wherever an end is deserved
    2. allows streamlined reporting of personally ignored content that appears to break a rule (that may, for example, be offensive to some other person)
    – and so on.

Looking back (vBulletin, with some bluntness; too black and white)

A few weeks ago I was properly reminded, by a moderator, that it's insulting to make known an act of ignorance.

Looking ahead (XenForo)

For what it's worth, I reckon that the imminent improvements to the forum will eventually (not immediately) foster an environment that's friendlier
    – friendlier through more mutual respect
    – wherever respect is deserved :)

Attached Files:

6. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

Dec 23, 2006
    In my imagination
    Loving the new ignore list system. Already filled with 12 stone cold shills that ought to be banned. I'll take to ignoring them at the very least.