StreamtoMe vs Air Video Question

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by MUBiomed, Feb 2, 2011.

1. MUBiomed macrumors 6502

MUBiomed

I have been an avid Air Video user for awhile but yesterday I broke down and bought StreamToMe as well based on its airplay addition. I have one complaint though. All of my TV Seasons are titled for each season:

Episode 1- xxxxx
    Episode 2- xxxxx
    etc...

I sort by name in OS X and Air Video no problem....yet for some reason streamtome lists them all as:

Episode 1- xxxxx
    Episode 10- xxxxx
    Episode 11-xxxxx
    Episode 2- xxxxx

The sorting features seem pretty bare in app but this is how it sorts by name? Is there a way to fix this since I am not going to go back and change my naming pattern for all of my TV seasons and shows?

2. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

Streamtome can't seem to organize anything in the correct order for me such as albun tracklists. I'm new to streamtome to, having been an airvideo user for sometime. Maybe its just a bug that I hope they fix or where doing something wrong. But the video quality is much better on streamtome than airvideo after digging around the settings etc

3. MUBiomed thread starter macrumors 6502

MUBiomed

I agree. Like I said previously the addition of airplay is awesome as well, but the organization problem is a deal breaker imo. I regret the purchase now....until they update this maybe?

4. Fedorov macrumors 6502

Has anyone tried emailing or sending a tweet to the developers? I would normally do this first. Too often people leave 1-star AppStore reviews or post negative stuff on forums before even trying to contact the developers.
    Not saying you haven't! :)

5. MUBiomed thread starter macrumors 6502

MUBiomed

The developer did get back to me and has updated the server app for os x. The new version has eliminated the problems I have been having with sorting. Here is a link to the newer version that he sent me. Hopefully it will help anyone else as well.

http://projectswithlove.s3.amazonaws.com/ServeToMe-v3.5.dmg