street atlases for macs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tecnotrucker, Jul 11, 2010.

1. tecnotrucker macrumors newbie

anyone-need help finding a hard-drive based road/street atlas software to run on my macbookpro. got lost on garmin's website. already have an iphone, so i am not looking for a GPS, just a program similar to delormes 2010 street atlas that only runs on windows. this must be a multi-stop programable program. plan 2 upgrade my hard-drive soon, and want to get rid of the windows bootcamp i am running to use that delorme program. I am a truck driver, and need to follow cetrtain routes that the google maps dont recognize. please help and or move this to the proper location.

2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately, there is not much out there. I have looked long and hard for just such a program, and the only thing that is out there is Route 66, and it is the pits. Don't even know if it is being upgraded any more. DeLorme used to support macs, and there was once a huge petition drive to try to get them to continue support, but to no avail. Sorry!:(

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

I've looked as well but no luck. I really wish DeLorme would provide a Mac version!

4. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

Link

It might be a little long, but you will end up with Garmin maps on your mac.;)

EDIT: the link above seems pretty much out of date. In short, just convert the maps on the PC, using the method they provide, and then download the freeware Road Trip (link below).

Other useful Garmin apps

5. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

Hey, good news :)

I just found out the new Garmin maps are natively Mac compatible. At least, that's what the website suggests:

link