Street Fighter 3DS v Steam

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Dagless, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

So I love SF. Vanilla SF2 and SFA3 are two of my fave games ever and it's probably a crime that I haven't jumped into SF4 yet (let's not count the iOS version :rolleyes:).
    Which version should I go for? 3DS or Steam (which is Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition)?

I'm interested in the number of fighters, online features and offline/2 controller support.

Halp!

2. Hansr macrumors 6502a

Steam. The 3DS is a sub par version compared to the full one. It's really good for a mobile version but it's not as good as the full version.

3. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I got the 3DS SF for half price when I bought Zelda, it's no where as good as SFIV for STEAM.

BUT, what absolutely blows about any SFIV on the PC, is the ridiculous GFWL layer and its absolutely LAME achievements -- which are rather annoying and tend to ravage the screen for what seems like ages after completing just one fight.

I can't express enough about how much I despise GFWL! SFIV and RE5 are the last games I bought that were plagued by this scourge and they'll be the last. :eek:

4. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Actually that's good to know! Since I don't play Xbox games I'm stuck using GFWL to catch up on my girlfriends gamerscore :D.

Yeah. I ended up buying the Steam version - downloading now!