Street View gone oh no

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by lowlypeace, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lowlypeace macrumors member

after the ios 6 update I realised no more street view from maps, that a was such a great feature! - I don't think I will update my iPad 2 now

also the images in the new apple maps is not at sharp and detailed with many rural or smaller towns not even having high resolution views- this is like going back about 5 years when google hadn't mapped everything yet

and apparently a lot of misnamed places

apple should get google maps back in with an update or let google do a map app - this was such a bad move

ok the 3d cities might be pretty, but if you don't live in a city then all you have are bad quality maps now

2. laurenr macrumors 6502a

I totally agree! Street View was a feature I used all the time!

3. meder87 macrumors regular

Street view is definitely my favorite thing about Google Maps as well. Its one of the reasons I have decided not to upgrade to iOS 6. I wonder if Apple can add that into their Maps app, or if there is a patent on that by Google.

4. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

It's funny i never used the old map program much and have never used street view at all. Its lack of a good turn by turn direction always forced me to use a 3rd party app (what is a 2nd party app?).

So i am excited about the new map program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.