street view on iPod touch 2.2 beta: A NIGHTMARE!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by alchemistmuffin, Nov 21, 2008.

1. alchemistmuffin macrumors 6502

I used the iPhone OS 2.2 beta under Apple's iPhone developer program (the NDA expired as of today) and I have to say, the iPod touch had TREMENDOUS PROBLEMS WITH STREETVIEW....

I had iPhone running 2.2 beta, and it had no problems with streetview, but under iPod touch, the firmware was okay, but IT DRAINED BATTERY MUCH QUICKER THAN THE iPhone!!!!

YES, THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM......

2. macfan881 macrumors 68020

probally cause the Iphone firmswares ARE NOT designed for the ipod touch this has proved in the past that the iphone firmware updates drain the battery more than the ipod touch.

3. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

he means he used ipod touch beta firmware that had google street view in it

correct me if i am wrong.

he's saying apple meant to include it, but something went wrong so they took it out

4. alchemistmuffin thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, you are correct....

From what I know, Apple will release another firmware update ONLY for the iPod touch sometime after Thanksgiving, but before Christmas to add the street view function.

Otherwise, it will be released during Macworld.

5. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

I predict they will make us buy it with 2.3 at MacWorld like they made us pay for the iPod touch upgrade last year.
    It better have more stuff like copy/paste and backgrounds to go with it or I'm not paying a dime.