StreetView - iOS 5 beta3

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jamesr19, Jul 24, 2011.

1. jamesr19 macrumors 6502

Hello, i discovered the other day (whilst looking for a comet) that there was streetview within the maps app. Hadn't heard of it being released in any version of iOS so far so maybe i've just stumbled upon it or have people seen it before?

2. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

Streetview has always been in iOS Maps.

And why aren't you using beta4? :) Fixes a lot of annoying bugs, and feels extremely fast (faster than iOS 4 in my opinion).

3. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

This was added in iOS 2.2!

4. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5274d Safari/7534.48.3)

Yeah, I agree that iOS 5 is faster than any 4.x I've tried.

5. amdmaxx macrumors member

really hope apple will have something that is close to google maps for android - those are just amazing with street view.

6. ErnesP macrumors newbie

Well i had never noticed you could get streetview... everyday is a school day

7. Darwing macrumors 6502

what on earth are you talking about??? Apple has had street view since before android was in the market... go to google maps, search something and there is a person on the left that you touch and thats street view...

impressive that after 3 years of having stolk features, people still have no idea how to use them and see it on another phone and say that apple should get that feature... just incredible.!!

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

To be fair, I remember the day Apple announced this feature and I've still 'discovered' it 2 or 3 times since then. It's easy to forget about.

9. jamesr19 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh really?? I thought it was new as I haven't managed to access it before! It is rather useful!

glad to hear about improved speeds and bug fixes in beta4. Im currently missing the entire contents of my Utilities folder (calc, memos etc) from SpringBoard so maybe that will improve it. Haven't had internet till now but i will now via OTA updates (save some internet bandwidth)

10. JustLeft macrumors 6502

Might be stating the obvious, but it is possible Google hadn't sent their van down the streets you were looking at until recently. No pictures from Google, no streetview.