Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Funkmasta

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
With all the noise about the lack of street view I would expect this thread to explode soon.

For $.99 you all can be rid of your problems and we have the best of both worlds!

Props to the devs for being on the spot with this functionality, they should see a nice boon in downloads :D

Funkmasta

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
I'm not a developer, just sharing an app that I found to use Streetview.

I wish I had thought of it honestly, because they're going to make a ton of bank off it.

But...

aquablue

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2010
The only problem is it is not full screen on the ipad (or iphone?)?

Anybody know a better full screen viewing app or website for streetview for use on the ipad?

Also, why on earth did apple not buy out one of those other companies that does streetview style data, instead of focusing on the less than useful 3D maps?

xofruitcake

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
perhaps because street view isn't everything?

It is not everything. But it can help a lot of folks who has a need for map and that is what a forum is for. I found it amazing that there are so many posts still debating about the IOS 6 map. It is not something useful right now. As a user, that is all I need to know. So if I need an alternative solution, I will looks else where..

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
I don't know where this app gets its traffic data but it's astonishing! Seeing accuarate traffic on side streets even. Wow.

Funkmasta

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
There is a full screen toggle on iPhone in the paid version at least. Not sure about the free one.

The only problem is it is not full screen on the ipad (or iphone?)?

Anybody know a better full screen viewing app or website for streetview for use on the ipad?

Also, why on earth did apple not buy out one of those other companies that does streetview style data, instead of focusing on the less than useful 3D maps?

chiefpavvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2008
It hasn't been updated for iOS 6 yet, pending, according to the developers' notes.

Seems like a nice tide-over for those who must have street view and/or Google Maps.

There is also a "Lite" as in FREE version but pretty hard to argue with 99 cents.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.