Streeviewer (69p)

zoonyx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Northern England
Title is wrong because my fingers don't work properly. App is called STREETVIEWER

Does what it says on the tin.

You need streetview back? Download that app. I think theres a free version too, but since its only 69p, I bought it.

Ignore the fluff about bringing google maps back in a future ios6 update - clearly bull, but the app DOES work, and its alright/acceptable.

Message ends.

Last edited:

matrix07

macrumors 603
Jun 24, 2010
Just wait until Oct 3rd and it will be compatible with iOS 6, or so the developer said.

zoonyx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
Northern England
So you can view it in the new Maps itself now?
No, it uses Apple maps, but you select a point, and it shows the (google) streetview, which you can then go full screen on and move around.

Sorry for the confusion.

I see what you mean about october 3rd. its clearly bull and usually would put me off a purchase, however I took a gamble and the app seems to work ok for streetview only - NOT google maps.

KeanosMagicHat

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2012
This is a good app, I tried several before settling on this one.

I do use the lite version, however, as that is enough for my needs at the moment.

iFindView came a close second, but doesn't have the zoom function of this app. I used zoom to show the level of detail you could achieve in a discussion on another thread, posting the picture attached.

Attachments

matrix07

macrumors 603
Jun 24, 2010
No, it uses Apple maps, but you select a point, and it shows the (google) streetview, which you can then go full screen on and move around.

Sorry for the confusion.

I see what you mean about october 3rd. its clearly bull and usually would put me off a purchase, however I took a gamble and the app seems to work ok for streetview only - NOT google maps.
OK. I interpret "compatible with iOS 6" as you can view Street Views on the new Map itself. Let's see if the app will be that good. :)

THiPad

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2010
thanks Ajo for the link to: Show My Street.com

Last edited: