Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eliottjames

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2014
For all of you who have got your watches already, how strong is the connection between the charger and the watch? I have ordered a Speigen dock for my watch and don't want it to just fall off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 85

Patchwork

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2008
Near Preston, UK
I wouldn't say the magnet is strong but I can dangle my 42mm SS classic buckle from the charger cable once it's attached and even swing it around a bit before it falls off. On that basis im not planning on cancelling my Spigen stand order.

al256

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2001
The clip that Apple showed us really over played the strength of the magnet.

ztmvcbp4ybv4jbiastnk.gif

I was expecting some resistance with the charging orientation and instead found the the charger can easily be misaligned.

MVallee

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I was planning on ordering a Spigen dock but I'm not sure now either. The magnet is not as strong as I thought it would be. I tried lifting it up and the watch didn't fall but I'm worried it might fal if it's hanging on the dock and the dock gets bumped into.

DynaFXD

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
East Coast
My SS watch falls off very easy. Sometimes just moving it.
This may sound bad, but make sure you take off the protective film on the charger face. It is hard to see and will peel right off and make a stronger connection. The structural film underneath won't peel off easily, so don't go too crazy ;). Hope this helps anyone out there ( who over looked this like I did :eek: )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.