stretch lines under my umbp screen.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djvic87, Oct 7, 2009.

1. djvic87 macrumors regular

I don't know how exactly that black area is called (where it holds the lid) I just noticed how it has so many lines (or stretch lines?). Is there a way to fix those ugly looking lines? It bugs me to see a huge line under the middle of the lid.

2. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Someone posted a similar thing the other day. Do you mean on the latch that sits between the screen and the MBP? If your still under warranty take it back to apple and see what they say. Heres the link from the previous discussion Macbook Hinge Hairline Cracks

3. djvic87 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes that's exactly what I mean. I do know I can take it to the Apple store since I have an extended warranty on it, but I don't want to get rejected after a long drive down there. I just wanted to know if any of you guys know another way of fixing those lines instead of paying a visit to the Apple store. If it's a sign of some sort of defect, hell yeah I'll go.

4. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

I dont know how you would fix it yourself but i have read a few threads on the internet about people with the same problem as you. Im not sure how widespread it is though.