Strict NAT setting for XBL

achie25

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2005
I have an Airport Extreme.

Can someone help me change my strict NAT setting on Xbox Live? I can no longer connect to any game lobby in Modern Warfare 2.

I restarted the Airport Extreme but to no avail

Thanks

achie25

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2005
anyone?

It wa working a couple of days ago as I could play MW2 but now am shut out

StruckANerve

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2008
Rio Rancho, NM
I don't know anything about the Airport Extreme but the problem you are having has to do with the ports that need to be forwarded. There are several different ways you can fix this. You either need to use port forwarding to open the ports necessary for Xbox live or you can setup your Xbox on DMZ settings or if the AE supports UPnP (universal plug and play) you need to enable that.

achie25

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2005
I don't know anything about the Airport Extreme but the problem you are having has to do with the ports that need to be forwarded. There are several different ways you can fix this. You either need to use port forwarding to open the ports necessary for Xbox live or you can setup your Xbox on DMZ settings or if the AE supports UPnP (universal plug and play) you need to enable that.
How would I do this?

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
I actually used my external modem and had to change those settings to open up the correct port. My airport hasn't really bothered anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.