Strictly Design: Macbook vs. Macbook Air

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zer0tails, Oct 26, 2008.

?

which has the better design?

1. Macbook

20 vote(s)
    40.8%
  2. Macbook Air

29 vote(s)
    59.2%
  1. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

As the title says, please vote for which design you think is the nicest. Try not to let price or specs sway your decision.

It's strictly a battle of who's prettier. :)

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I like the look of the new MB, the black bezel really makes the screen pop.

3. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

MBA is the prettiest notebook hands down. Though the macbook is gorgeous.

4. tom burns macrumors member

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

The MBA.

I think the mix of aluminium with black is too much on the MBs and MBPs. With the MBA, the black adds a small touch of contrast to a really classy, yet technical looking aluminium design.

On the MB and MBP, Ives apparently forgot the definition of subtlety.

6. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

While many people are really upset about the aluminium-black colour combination, I'm digging it thoroughly. I mean, I simply love it. Therefore I think the MacBook Air lacks some oomph, being mostly aluminium. The metal bezel around the screen is just... I don't know... so 2008. Let's move on to tomorrow, shall we?

Also, with all the round edges and the non-horizontal lines, the Air looks just a tad too much like a toy to me.

7. T-Stex macrumors 6502

I'm not a big fan of the tapered shape of the MBA either. I love the screen and black bezel of the new MacBook, and the button-less trackpad.

8. kitch95 macrumors regular

kitch95

Macbbok

Im going to vote macbook because of the bezles the macbooks black one is way cooler than the mbas aluminium one:apple:

9. MacJenn macrumors regular

Anyone with any objectivity will say the Air looks a lot better. People most of the time vote for what they got so they are biased. I'm not. I got a new 2.4 Macbook (which I'm taking back--hate it--getting the Pro). While I know the Macbook and the Macbook Pro look similar the black keys on aluminum does make it look like a Toshiba and other PC's. It is ugly compared to the blackbook and old Pro in my opinion. I will still return my new 2.4 ripoffbook and get the Pro eventhough it looks like a PC. All my friends thinks so too.

10. zer0tails thread starter macrumors 65816

zer0tails

some great responses, let's keep this going. :) I own neither notebook, so i'll play devil's advocate and chime in.

there is some criticism that the macbook has too much black, but it does have a thinner bezel than the macbook air.

the macbook looks like the tiBook, and thus is a very retro designed looking laptop.

11. i0Nic macrumors 65816

The macbook air is a beautiful machine, even though I'm getting the new macbook or macbook pro, If I didn't need the power I'd definitely get an Air.