stripe across screen

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MaynardX, Jan 15, 2008.

1. MaynardX macrumors newbie

Hey everybody!
    I´m new to the forum and am typing this on my first ever mac. I just got it a couple of hours ago and so far I´m absolutely loving it -- if it wasn´t for this one tiny thing... I have a yellow stripe running vertically across my screen, and it´s killing me.

What can it be? Has anyone else here experienced the same problem? Can it really be so bad that I have to send my mac back for repairs, just within hours after receiving it? Please tell me it isn´t so.

Andreas

and oh, it´s a macbook santa rosa.

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

if restart doesn't help, then you need to call applecare and get a replacement.

3. MaynardX thread starter macrumors newbie

nope, restart didn´t help, so I guess I´ll have to call apple care tomorrow. do you think they´ll replace it though, and not just repair it? problem is I need to have it back within two weeks, as I´m going abroad for a couple of months.

damn... not exactly the start I wanted for my new life as a mac owner...

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

sounds like a bad logic board. i had a horizontal green line on my macbook pro and i ended up having send it it for repairs to replace the logic board.

5. MaynardX thread starter macrumors newbie

just got off the phone with apple, and they are going to give me a new one. sounded like this was a pretty common problem...

6. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac