Stripes on retina MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jon88938, Nov 26, 2012.

1. jon88938 macrumors newbie

Yesterday I noticed that on blue areas (and I think maybe yellow/orange areas, but it's not as noticeable), there are very light blue horizontal lines/stripes between the pixels.

I'm unsure exactly what it is as the pixels themselves are too small for me to focus completely on. But it seems like every 3rd lines is a light colour than the 2 before it. what I mean is:

#####
    #####
    +++++
    #####
    #####
    +++++

Where the # are the normal color, and the + is the lighter color.

This is my second rMBP, the first one I had an issue where half of the screen had a yellowy/darker tint than the other, so I'm not too happy about potentially going back to the Apple Store.

Is this normal? like am I just seeing the small gaps between the pixels (though it really doesn't seem like it, as I'm pretty sure the lighter lines are every 3rd line.) It is an LG display.

Also the original was bought on the 24th october, and this one I got about 12 days later, so do I get another 14 days return period? And I think it's out of that 14 days anyway, so if there is a problem will they still replace it?

2. watchthisspace macrumors 6502a

Doesn't sound normal to me. I'd first ask a friend if they can see it as well, then book to see a genius at a Apple store.

You are definitely still covered under Apple's 1 year warranty.

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

It sounds like there is something wrong with the display. Im not sure why it matters if you can return it. Apple provides a 1 year warraty and you can just take it in and have them replace the screen. Is that a big deal? Apple built the computer and is fully capable of repairing it. Replacing a defective component isn't going to do any harm...

4. jon88938 thread starter macrumors newbie

I wasn't aware of the year warranty, I don't have any Apple Care so I thought I didn't get one. My last MacBook was second hand, and I've only bought a phones from Apple before.

Replacing just the screen doesn't sound good to me, and now I hear that Apple are not going to using the LG screen, so can I ask specifically to get a whole replacement with a Samsung screen?

I know this probably sounds a bit over the top, but it took a lot to be able to spend such a large amount of money on a laptop.