Stripes on the screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Iphone6screen, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Iphone6screen macrumors newbie

Iphone6screen

I dropped my iPhone 6 on the floor and two stripes across the screen appeared (from top to bottom). The touch screen barely works where the stripes are. Does anybody know what's wrong an how i can fix it? Thanks for answers

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

It's likely the digitizer and damage to the LCD display. The only thing you can possibly do is replace the display as a whole.

3. Iphone6screen thread starter macrumors newbie

Iphone6screen

Does this work ? Its a complete screen with LCD and frame, but without home button (i think)

Attached Files:

4. Audit13 macrumors 6502a

Audit13

Before replacing the screen, try and test all of the phone functions to ensure that the screen is the only problem.

5. Iphone6screen thread starter macrumors newbie

Iphone6screen

It's no doubt that it's the screen because the touch isnt working

6. Audit13 macrumors 6502a

Audit13

I know the screen isn't working but is it possible there is internal damage too? It would be disappointing to replace the screen and it doesn't resolve all of the issues with the phone.

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Since you're going to take it apart anyway you should try re-seating the screen connections in the phone. Dropping, obviously, could shake those loose.