Stripped Power Adapter

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by joepunk, Mar 6, 2010.

1. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

So my second power adapter for my Powerbook is dead (it replaced the original via applecare). I have had problems with it and even have tripped on the cord while plugged in thereby probably damaging it. I have heard the usual sparking sounds and have recently saw the blue spark ignite from the plug while out of the powerbook :eek: and in order to get green/orange connection light I've had to twist the plug until it lights up.

After reading other people's problems I decided to look at the plug and noticed that the metal is stripped all around the main plug as you can see in the picture.

So I am down to my backup (purchased before asking if applecare covered power adapters) which has the exact same problems. D*mn it!

Attached Files:

2. Zyniker macrumors 6502

3. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Why not ring apple and see if you can get it replaced as a spare part?

4. polotska macrumors 6502

5. joepunk thread starter macrumors 68030

joepunk

Nope, not asking any questions. I've read other peoples problems but never saw a picture of what it looks like and I just had a "Ah, that's what it looks like" reaction at the end.

Yep, could ask the local apple store. Don't think it will be replace by them as you can see I've bent the outer ring and I no longer have apple care, but maybe an employee won't ask any questions and just reach for a replacement in the back room :p