Stripped Screw Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RahulRulz, Nov 10, 2013.

1. RahulRulz macrumors member

RahulRulz

Hello, as I have mentioned on my First Thread that my MacBook Pro is going under Multiple Issues and the main Issue is WiFi problem.
    Few months Back my MacBook gave me ("Wi-Fi: No Hardware found") error on WiFi Symbol on Status Bar so I did most of the D.I.Y stuff but non of them work atlast I decided to open up my MacBook Pro to check the WiFi Card, I was following the Guide using iFixit but at one Step I got stuck as the Screw near Black Clutch was Stripped so Badly that I couldn't even move it, I tried most the solutions to unscrew it but non of them worked.
    Solutions I tried.
    • using Rubber Band on Screw
    • Drop of Oil to losen up the Screw
    • Super Glue
    • Solder on Stripped part
    • Extreme Pressure
    • Different types of Screw Drivers
    None of these stuffs worked to unscrew it, I know there is no use of Posting here as everything has to be done by me, But Hoping that I will get some perfect Solution Here, I did create this Thread.
    I have posted the High Resolution Images here so that you guys can see what is the issue.
    Its the Silver Screw between two Black Screws
    Here is the Link for Album : http://imgur.com/a/z0YVG

Its actually kind of small area where most of the Tools don't fit so I need some Quite a good way to unscrew it also F.Y.I i Don't have Apple Warranty anymore. So this all has to be done by me.

Thank You

2. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Never opened a MacBook before so I have zero experience in this but it looks like the edge (circumference) of the screw head is exposed.
    Can you just grab the head of the screw with a needle-nose pliers and spin it that way?

3. trssho macrumors 6502

You may have to drill it out. There are reverse drill buts also, so as it cuts into it, it may back it out. Or just drill the head off. Then glue that section down when you go back together.

4. RahulRulz thread starter macrumors member

RahulRulz

No, I cannot Grab the Screw Head as it's too Small also No Plier or Tool can fit inside that Area.

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Use a Dremel with a cut off wheel and create a groove on it and use a flat driver to remove.

6. RahulRulz thread starter macrumors member

RahulRulz

I believe my Last option would be Dremel Tool I did some research on it and I found that to be Correct tool for this problem either way is there any other option as I don't own a Dremel Tool.

7. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I don't think the inside of a laptop is a good place for metal shavings.
    I think it might be time for a trip to Apple and an out-of-warranty repair.

8. Shmanky macrumors regular

An Apple Genius helped me remove screws that I stripped but that was with the outer screws.

9. RahulRulz thread starter macrumors member

RahulRulz

We Don't have Official Apple Stores here, Third Party Stores are Authorized to Sell Apple Products also I have seen their work they are quite a Non Professional they Don't care about your Product so If you give to them they will probably get Scratches and Marks on your Product, thats why I don't believe in Store Service unless they are Professional.

10. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

I had a similar issue when I tried to swap out my HDD on my unibody MacBook.
    I took it to the Apple store and a computer store, and both said they could not do anything about it.
    I tried all the methods... then after some time, I used a flat tool and created a groove, and with some strength it came undone. Try that, the flat tool might help.

Good luck. I know how frustrating it can be!