Stripped Screw on macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by corry20, Aug 26, 2014.

1. corry20 macrumors regular

I have a very bad screw screw on the back on my Macbook pro early 2011.It is really deep and can't get it out.I actually bent the underbody under the track pad.I have all the screws out but the one I was trying to clean the inside but a screw got stuck.Can the apple store drill it out and put a new underbody on it in house or will they have to ship this away?

2. corry20 thread starter macrumors regular

This is what is what it looks like it is near the battery.I am going to have to replace the under body it's bent.I have tried pliers and everything.It's a 2011 macbook pro.I hope the Genius Bar can get this out.

Attached Files:

3. akhilleus macrumors member

Take it to Genius and see what they can do. I'm sure they can handle it for you, but just curious if you have AppleCare or a warranty currently? I took my MBP to get a new logic board years ago and 2 of the screws have been stripped ever since. They constantly get loose/fall out and I lose them all the time. I've just been too lazy to take it in for something so small, so I can't say exactly how good they are with this, but I can't imagine this being too difficult for them.

4. corry20 thread starter macrumors regular

Good to know I am out of warranty with 2011 macbook pro.I am willing to pay because I will have to get a new under body bent it bad trying to get the screw out.They will probably have to drill the screw out.