Strolled into Best Buy at noon, bought a touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dwarnecke11, Sep 8, 2010.

1. dwarnecke11 macrumors 6502

I was taken aback when I saw that they had a ton of them in stock. I asked about cases and the dull-witted salesman said it should be the same case as the old touch. I mentioned the cameras, he pointed to the front FaceTime camera and said "a camera on the front". Whatever, I gave up.

I'll post my impressions here very soon, I just wanted to get my foot in the door.

2. dwarnecke11 thread starter macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

The screen definitely doesn't have contrast and viewing angle of the iPhone 4; it doesn't have the "blow you away" factor. The resolution is incredible. Oddly, if you look at the screen from the extreme right bottom corner near horizontal, the viewing angle is very, very good and there is no color inversion. You can fake an iPhone 4 shot like this.

3. MarineUAV3K macrumors newbie

MarineUAV3K

For those who chose store pick-up...

I figure I'd go ahead and post this here since inevitably someone who pre-ordered or put in for store pick-up might ask...

For those of you who chose store pick-up and have found that the iPod touch is not available yet at the store you initially requested. I suggest looking online at the availability of the new iPod touch at different stores in the area. I found out by calling Best Buy that you are able to change store pick-up locations so that if one store does not have it in stock you can simply request it at another. I was able to do this and nabbed one of the last six iPod touch (64 GB) at an alternate store. Hope this helps.

4. ralts macrumors newbie

An Apple employee told me the same thing! Other than not having a case for my iPod :)() I love it!

5. dwarnecke11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Darn it, it won't take my Apple ID password for FaceTime! Any ideas?

6. Panther71 macrumors regular

I got excited when the BB website said the 4G iPod Touch was available at my local Best Buy. I called the store and they said they are NOT in the store yet. I guess I will try tomorrow.

7. dwarnecke11 thread starter macrumors 6502

This thing totally sucked me in - I didn't put it down for 3 hours! I had to create a second account with FaceTime, it seems to work now. Apps are fast and the screen is beautiful unless you're viewing it at odd angles. The still image quality is pretty bad, but videos are gorgeous.

8. Bleak macrumors member

I hate you :(