Strong demand

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by steelo3232, Sep 16, 2017.

1. steelo3232 macrumors regular

Based on shipping times and the fact their are SOOOO many configurations of the Apple Watch out there... seeing 4-6 weeks on every model, says something. I think the fact wireless carries offered this for the first time and with 6 month financing has played a role. I suspect a LTE series three for the holidays will be difficult to come by in stores.

2. TheColtr macrumors 6502

Yes and no, the series 3 is sold out because it’s new and everyone who wants it preordered, however not everyone, especially non tech people wants Lte. I predict a lot of non lte models, and series 1 will help the series 3 shortage recovery as we move into the holidays.

Keep in mind also that a lot of times Apple over does their estimates, just in case something happens, so I have a feeling they have more in stock then they let on. And once the first wave goes out they can change their logistics and move supply to where it’s needed. (I.E. US buys more LTE S3 then Canada, so some of Canada’s supply is moved to US wearhouses)

3. KPOM macrumors G5

I think demand is strong. Apple waited to add LTE until they could do so without significantly affecting battery life. Now the Watch can be used solo (great for runners). I'm guessing lots of first-gen owners who skipped last year are also upgrading.

4. gigaguy macrumors 65816

For accuracy, I see 3-4 weeks on most 42mm alum LTEs. Strangely tho, I've seen more errors on the Apple Watch pages than I've ever seen on any Apple sales page, odd. You click on the 42mm LTE alum silver or SG and it brings up the non LTE watches.

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I would say the upgrade would be significant from first generation Apple Watch owners to the Series 3. But for those who have the Series 2, the only reason they would upgrade to the Series 3, would likely be for LTE. So the difference is likely for those from the first generation Apple Watch.