Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BasilFawlty

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
New Mexico
It seems that any "strong" password generated by Safari only uses one special character - the dash. Is there a way to configure it so that the random "strong" password will use more special characters than just the dash?

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
It is a problem. Actually, the strong PW really sucks sometimes. I was on a site the other day that required two unique special characters.

I believe the best you can do is edit the proposed password. I don't see any way to do what you are wanting to do.
It never lets me edit Safari's suggested strong password when having to put something in.

How I do it is use an existing strong PW that I have saved to my keychain by copy and paste, then add the extra characters that are required, such as two or more unique special characters.

Reactions: EedyBeedyBeeps

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
It is a problem. Actually, the strong PW really sucks sometimes. I was on a site the other day that required two unique special characters.

It never lets me edit Safari's suggested strong password when having to put something in.

How I do it is use an existing strong PW that I have saved to my keychain by copy and paste, then add the extra characters that are required, such as two or more unique special characters.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.