Struggling here...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lmusic724, May 10, 2015.

1. Lmusic724 macrumors regular

Okay, so I really want an iPad Air 2, but I just bought the Apple Watch. I could sell it, but that might be an uneducated and dumb idea. Should I go without an iPad, or should I sell my watch?

----------

I am also going to definitely buy a Retina MacBook Pro, so if I have a 6 Plus and a MacBook, do I really need an iPad?

2. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

Why would you have to sell your watch if you want an iPad? If you find you are using the watch just keep it.

To me I think there is not a need for a laptop AND an iPad but you have to evaluate what YOUR needs are. I prefer a desktop + an iPad. Obviously this isn't going to work for everyone though.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

You are indecisive.

So asking a bunch of faceless people on an internet forum how you should spend your own hard earned money is the answer?

Decide for yourself and if you want both…or everything…and you have the money don't let "need" or "purpose" dictate your purchasing decisions.

I buy a lot of stuff I don't need or have a purpose for. I buy these things or do things because I want to. If I let "need" or "purpose" dictate to me what I should or should not get, or the viewpoints of others on what is or is not a waste of money, I'd not have very much and even less than that of what I want.

5. Lmusic724 thread starter macrumors regular

I really like what you're saying. I am just trying to get some opinions though, not make my whole decision around what everyone thinks.

6. Bobby Corwen, May 10, 2015
    Last edited: May 10, 2015

Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

I would much rather have the iPad Air 2 over the Watch if I could only have one.

But thats because Im addicted to Vainglory on iPad A2 and its just so much more fun to do stuff on it than on a Macbook or Phone. iPad does everything better than anything in any category it does stuff in.

On the other hand do you have a lot of friends and acquaintances who would think you are kinda cool for having Apple Watch right now during this time? It might be nice to have it now during this exclusive period when its new and people can't buy it and its social fodder if you're into that kind of thing.

Of all times now would be the best timing to have it for maximum enjoyment and ubiquitousness.

But still, I would rather have the iPad, the watch is like an extra toy like a iPod Shuffle is to me. I have one, but only for certain situations and i can still just use my phone for music. Just got it because i love Apple products.

Ideally you should have:

iPhone 6+ 128 with at&t
    rMBP 1TB flash
    iPad A2 128 with at&t
    Apple watch steel version
    Apple TV with Airport Extreme router

work on that

7. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I've got an iPhone 6+ and a new rMBP. I have absolutely no desire to buy an Apple watch, and I stopped using my iPad after I bought the 6+ so I'm not upgrading that either.

8. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I have both an Air 2 and an Apple Watch, and if I had to give up one, it would be a hard choice, but it would be the Apple Watch. I don't have a laptop or desktop, so that probably influences my decision a little more towards keeping the iPad.

9. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Perhaps if disposable income is playing a part then Save Up for the device in question so you can have the best of both worlds.

This is what I do.

Just a thought.

10. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I have both an iPad Air 2 and apple watch but I'd go for the iPad if I could only have one. If you have the money I'd say a Mac an iPad and an apple watch can all be useful.

I have a MacBook Air, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, apple watch and iPhone 6 plus and I use them all on a daily basis.

11. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler