Struggling to add music to iPhone after ios 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by got23hops, Jun 8, 2011.

1. got23hops macrumors newbie

So maybe I am just totally missing something, but I have been trying to reload my iphone with my music on ios 5 and itunes 10.5 but am encountering some struggles.

I am choosing files from my Music folder on my external, dragging the folders of albums to the "music" tab under my iphone. Instead of the files just beginning to sync, they show up in itunes, but are greyed out.

i am able to drag music from my itunes library without a problem.

what gives?

2. got23hops thread starter macrumors newbie

does anyone have a solution to this? i am only able to add music that is in my itunes library.

3. mb air pro macrumors newbie

4. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

Is that the way you did it before? I was always under the impression that the music had to be part of your iTunes Library before adding them to your iPhone. Have you tried adding them to iTunes first? What do you have selected to sync to your iPhone under its settings? All Checked, All Music, Playlists?

5. got23hops thread starter macrumors newbie

prior to upgrading to itunes 10.5 and ios5, i was always able to drag files directly from windows explorer onto my iphone. after updating, all i got when doing this was the files showing up in itunes (but greyed out), and not on the iphone.

i have been, however, able to transfer the music to my itunes library and then onto my iphone.

i am chalking this up to itunes 10.5 being less stable then the ios.

6. lildude8292 macrumors newbie

All you have to do is add the song you want to your iTunes library first then under the music tab in you i device on the bottom right it says Autofill click it and then all your music will be on your device

7. lildude8292 macrumors newbie

ok i read that again and it was a little unclear so you need to first make sure the manually manage music and videos is checked, then drag all the songs to your idevice like how you did in ios 4.x then add the same songs to your itunes library then you click autofill hope this helps just email me if you do not get it.

8. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I've had no problem syncing music but it sounds like crap once it's on the phone. I realise it's still a beta version but why would the music quality take a hit? All my tracks are 320kbs and i have a good pair of headphones so they are not the problem.