Struggling to connect MBP to shared windows printer.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shandzzz, Feb 7, 2009.

1. shandzzz macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I recently changed ISPs and installed a new modem. I used to be able to print to a windows computer connected to a canon printer (using gutenprint driver). Now, I can't connect to any shared folders and am unable to print to the shared computer - Printers and Faxes can't find the network computer. How do I go about fixing this?

2. shandzzz thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem solved. Someone fiddled with some firewall settings.

3. Ashish65 macrumors newbie

Connecting to Samsung printer on Windows PC

Hi guys,

I connected to my Samsung ML 1610 from the MBP using the CUPS link. on sending the test page to the printer it activates but does not print the test page. It does not print any documents pages either. please help. Incidentally the drop down list in the CUPS link did not show my model so I clicked the next nearest printer the Samsunb ML 1630. The same thing happens on connecting with my Cannon LBP 2900 using the CUPS link. Neither printer prints!

thanks

Ashish

4. m85476585 macrumors 65816

Please don't post the same thing in different threads. It's better to start your own thread, as you did, then bring back an old thread like this that was resolved and is only kind of related.

For anyone who wants to reply, Ashish65's thread is here
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=836961

5. Ashish65 macrumors newbie

Window Printers

Sorry Matt, I posted on the existing thread before realising that I should start the new thread, first time user, won't happen again. Any ideas for my problem?

regards

Ashish65