Struggling to install printer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by whitefang, Mar 2, 2009.

1. whitefang macrumors 6502

I got a HP Laserjet 1020 shared on a vista machine. All of my other machines can access and print it fine, firewalls are disabled.

I tried everything to get my Mac to print on that printer but it won't print. It comes up with a NT_Status_Connection_Refused error. I tried using CUPS and the printer dialog but keep getting that error.

HP doesn't have a driver for laserjet 1020 BUT I tried a bunch of other built-in HP drivers that SHOULD theoretically be compatible. So I'm positive that it's not the driver that is the issue but the configuration.

Any ideas?

2. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

can you plug it directly into your mac to ensure you do have the driver and the connection works?

3. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

The Mac Drivers for that printer are likely USB only. HP loves to do that. I had a similar problem with an OfficeJet 6110 and used the HPIJS driver below.

I would try HPIJS you will need to download and install hpijs, foomatic-rip, and gplgs from this page. If those drivers do not work try Gutenprint. However, neither of these specifically mention the Laserjet 1020 so they may or may not work.

4. whitefang thread starter macrumors 6502

I got the 1022 driver installed but I keep getting that dam "Connection failed: NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED" error.

Why is networking so difficult with OSX??!?!?

5. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

6. whitefang thread starter macrumors 6502

I finally got it to print BUT not physically. When I print from my mac, I can see that the print job shows up in my vista machine. The thing is, it just hangs there......saying "printing". The job shows up as completed on the Mac's print status but the Vista print status says "printing".

Any ideas?