Struggling with new phone purchase. Help?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jdamiano, Apr 25, 2015.

1. jdamiano macrumors member

My iPhone 5s is broken after being dropped in the hot tub.. Twice. Don't ask. As well as a very shattered screen. Needless to say i think it's time to upgrade. I originally thought about getting a 5c for free on contract until the 6s comes out in September, but I think that's a waste of an upgrade (have 3 upgrades on my line right now) but my parents both want to upgrade as well and that would be selfish of me. So now I decided to get the iPhone 6 but I'm not sure to get silver or gold? I don't want space gray because I've always had black/space gray iPhones. Did anyone switch colors and regret it? Or were you satisfied with the change? Thank you! Also open to new ideas about my new phone.

2. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

The gold just looks "fake" to me, if you know what I mean. Why not visit a store and play with each one for a bit? It might help you decide.

3. jdamiano thread starter macrumors member

Think that's what I'm gonna do today. Thanks

4. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

You're welcome. Seeing the devices in person, and playing with them for a bit, always helps. I couldn't decide between the iPhone 6 and the 6+ until I went into the store and found that the 6+ was much bigger than thought.

5. jdamiano thread starter macrumors member

I haven't really picked them up since September when I stopped by the store to check it out. I was really into the 6 plus but seeing how large it was in person, I changed my mind. Definitely going with the 4.7 6

6. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Never fancied the gold models until I saw the iPhone 6 in gold. It has a nice matt finish to it rather than a shiny, blingy look.
    I had already bought the white/silver 6+ so couldn't get the gold this time but probably would if given the choice again.

7. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Be careful there are a lot of people with a hidden agenda trying to make you get the 6.

What they are not telling you is that there is an ownership adjustment period where you have to get over the shock of the size for the tradeoff of the better screen.

I would recommend getting a 6 plus for two weeks to try it out. Its the best phone out and the 6 is too small once you get used to it.

8. jdamiano thread starter macrumors member

Thank you, I might try it out. Just don't want to not need my iPad if I have such a big phone, you know?

9. mpavilion macrumors 6502a

People on these 6 vs. 6+ threads always talk about the 14-day trial period... is there no restocking fee if you decide to return/exchange the phone?

10. stevemiller macrumors 65816

Omg seriously? Nobody is trying to push any hidden agenda. People have different tastes and we are all just expressing what we've found. And readers can decide what info does or doesn't apply to their own situation.

I had a 4S and never felt the need for a larger phone. I've had a 6 for 7 months and I still find it awkward to use on the go. I don't find myself longing for a bigger screen because screen size has never been an issue for me. And I still wouldn't have any issue going back to a smaller one. Of course YMMV!