Struggling with WORD on my Mac.....

ivanovitch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
I have two current problems with WORD which I don't seem to be able to solve. My Mac is a Powermac - G4 and WORD 2004 for the Mac.

1. How do I write foreign accents, eg e-acute or e-grave in WORD? I've used 'help' and its doesn't help at all. Can you help me?

2. Recently I wanted to put a website address on a document. To my surprise when I went Insert>hyperlink I found a list of all of the website addresses I had ever used! How do I delete them from that list?

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
I have two current problems with WORD which I don't seem to be able to solve. My Mac is a Powermac - G4 and WORD 2004 for the Mac.

1. How do I write foreign accents, eg e-acute or e-grave in WORD? I've used 'help' and its doesn't help at all. Can you help me?
Accented letters work in Word the same as throughout the rest of OS X. Hit cmd-` or cmd-' then the letter you want accented.

Like so: é è

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
1. OPTION (alt) + E gives you a highlighted ´. You can then just type whatever letter in you want and it sticks it in underneath. OPTION + S is ß, OPTION + U is ¨ etc... you'll pick them up as you go along.

2. Not sure, somebody else will be able to answer. I don't actually have any history displayed in that window...

ivanovitch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
1. OPTION (alt) + E gives you a highlighted ´. You can then just type whatever letter in you want and it sticks it in underneath. OPTION + S is ß, OPTION + U is ¨ etc... you'll pick them up as you go along.

2. Not sure, somebody else will be able to answer. I don't actually have any history displayed in that window...
Thank you very much for this.