Stubborn finder icon...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by robzr, May 18, 2009.

1. robzr macrumors member

OK this is driving me nuts. I have a folder on my desktop, when I double-click it, it opens up and the window is too large for my screen, so the bottom is off the monitor so there is no way to resize it. If I browse to this directory from any other finder window, or open finder by clicking on any other directory, all is fine.

So I nuked the .DS_Store file in it, I made a new folder, moved the contents of the old one over, deleted the old one, and renamed the new one to the name of the old one and nothing changed. So that tells me the preference to open this particular folder with that enormous size is not stored in the folder itself.

I also browsed into the folder, did a View->Show View Options, made changes; checked as "save as default", but again, didn't change a thing.

How the hell do I make this folder not open up huge, where is this info stored?

Rob

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

you could try deleting the finder plist file then restarting finder.

3. melchior macrumors 65816

melchior

uh, did you try clicking the green 'maximise' button?

4. robzr thread starter macrumors member

OK guys, so yeah I browsed through the .plist with PLE, didn't see any relevent entries, but nuked the plist anyways, restarted finder, no difference... yeah the green button did fix it but still didn't answer my question as to where this stuff is stored. Turns out, it's stored in the .DS_Store file in the directory above it (~/Desktop), so I wiped that file and it reset all the browse settings.

Interesting!

Rob